Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sweet Treat: Low fat low sugar Chocolate Oreo Pudding


The only sugar in this recipe is from the milk and reduced fat Oreos. You can make this COMPLETELY sugar free too, I'll explain that below. I've been making a different Oreo pudding recipe all my life, but this recipe I got from a friend and tweaked it a bit. I like this dish(it tastes almost like the Hershey Pies at Burger King!!), but I also like the other one I make so I will have to make another post for my original recipe!

**For completely SUGAR FREE recipe: You can use sugar free Oreos or any brand sugar free chocolate sandwich cookies that you can find...they are usually on the isle with all the sugar free diabetic foods. The only sugar free milk you will probably be able to find will be a dairy free milk such as So Delicious dairy free sugar free vanilla almond milk. Just an FYI: I made my original Oreo pudding recipe before with sugar free chocolate sandwich cookies and I didn't particularly like the taste, so it's up to you!**


Ingredients:

1 package of REDUCED FAT Oreo cookies
6 tblspn of butter, melted
1 8 oz. package of Weight Watchers reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of Splenda
2 tbspn of milk
2 containers of SUGAR FREE Cool Whip, thawed
1 box of SUGAR FREE Jell-o instant chocolate pudding
1 box of SUGAR FREE Jell-o instant vanilla pudding
3 cups of milk (I use SKIM milk)
approx. 3/4 cup of Hershey's SUGAR FREE chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Put one whole package of reduced fat Oreos in a gallon size ziploc bag and crush using a heavy glass or rolling pin.


2. Put cookie crumbles in large bowl and mix in melted butter until crumbles are coated completely.

3. Spread and press cookie mixture into bottom of a 9X13 dish until the bottom is completely and evenly covered.


4. Put dish of cookie crust into refrigerator to chill while making next layer.

5. While crust is chilling; in a large bowl blend the WW cream cheese with a blender until fluffy. Then stir in Splenda and 2 tblspn of milk. When well blended, stir in 3/4 container of sugar free Cool Whip.


6. Take dish back out of refrigerator and evenly spread cream cheese mix over cookie mixture.

7. Next layer, mix both boxes of sugar free instant pudding with 3 cups of milk until thickens up (about 3-4 minutes), then stir in the remaining cool whip from the first container.

8. Spread pudding mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer.


9. Next layer, spread the other container of cool whip evenly over pudding mixture.

10. Garnish with Hershey's sugar free chocolate chips and chill for a couple hours before serving. (I used miniature semi-sweet morsels for this post because my grocery store was out of the Hershey's sugar free chocolate chips.)

                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment